The Department of Pathology and Research Resources Center at the University of Illinois at Chicago are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated research specialist to join our tissue imaging facility. We are looking for support in performing digital imaging and image analysis for a wide range of biomedical research projects. The incumbent will also aid in data management/analysis and the preparation of posters, grants and scientific publications. The position requires good communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary research team.
• Use the Aperio ScanScope CS, PerkinElmer Vectra, AMG Evos and other microscope imaging systems as well as image analysis software tools such as ImageJ, Aperio Algorithm Framework, Definiens Developer and Tissue Studio and MatLab to complete imaging projects.
• Learn basic histology of human and animal tissues.
• Assist in developing image analysis methodologies and algorithms for use in research applications.
• Perform data transformations and data cleaning services for facility users.
• Aid facility users in the preparation of grants, manuscripts and presentations including providing detailed method descriptions and assessing the feasibility of research proposals.
• Assist in maintaining billing and other administrative data for the core facility. Provide cost estimates for facility users.
• Create posters, graphs and tables for publication and grant applications.
• Research study data entry, error checking and basic statistical analysis.
• Interact with pathologists on imaging related tasks.
• Train study personnel on imaging techniques.