Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform assignments in a safe and efficient manner.
· Perform tests per standardized Work Instructions and record all test data.
· Maintain accurate records of all lab test procedures.
· Function as the point of contact for customers requesting testing in the RST system.
· Set priorities and timeline for completion of all test requests.
· Set up and assist in the operation of laboratory equipment.
· Assign tasks to less experienced pulp lab contract employees.
· Perform monthly calibrations of the laboratory test equipment.
· Send out samples for analytical testing.
· Attend bi-weekly meetings with customers.
· Maintain the housekeeping of the pulp lab to X-Mill standards.
· Maintain organization and labeling of samples in the walk-in cooler.
· Maintain inventory of all pulp lab supplies.
Position Skill Requirements:
· 0-3 years of previous lab experience, preferably in pulp/paper.
· Knowledge of safe work practices which will allow the employee to recognize and resolve workplace hazards.
· Self-motivated and proactive to accomplish objectives and seek opportunities to improve efficiency of the test lab.
· Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates flexibility when dealing with customer requests and changing priorities.
· Demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail along with an understanding of customers product and process requirements.
Job Title: Lab Technician
Work Location: Neenah, WI 54956
Duration: 5 months contract
· A pulp lab employee will perform routine technical tasks involving laboratory and test equipment operation.
· They will take work direction from the pulp lab leader when necessary but are expected to be self-motivated to provide quality results to customers in an efficient manner.
· The pulp lab employee position requires a high school education and relevant experience or a relevant post high school degree.
· Strong mechanical aptitude is preferred when operating and troubleshooting test equipment.