This job description is congruent with United Hospital System’s mission, vision and values. The values of integrity, respect, quality, commitment and accountability are the framework for all hospital activities. It is expected that employees will perform their job duties in accordance with this mission, vision and values. Coordinates and administers nursing care for cardiac and peripheral angiography (both diagnostic and interventional), electrophysiology studies, cardioversions, pacemaker and AICD implantations. Provides nursing care as required in diagnostic cardiology and radiology. Complies with all established standards and practices.
- Education: Associate Degree in Nursing
- Experience Required: 3 months-1 year of nursing experience
- Licensure/Certification Required for Job:
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Current ACLS certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Licensure to be eligible to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin and/or the State of Illinois based on job location assignment.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- The physical, technical and cognitive ability, as well as the manual dexterity to use patient care equipment.
- Previous experience in Critical Care or Telemetry is preferred.