DepartmentRHHVI CV Diagnostics
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
ShiftDay (United States of America)
Job SummaryThe Cardiac/Vascular Sonographer is responsible for performing all echo/vascular studies in varied settings. This role requires a comprehensive knowledge of cardiovascular principles and ultrasound physics and instrumentation as well as the ability to produce and evaluate cardiac/vascular ultrasound images and related data that are used by physicians to render a medical diagnosis. The cardiac/vascular sonographer is responsible for acting as a liaison between staff, physicians, patients and family members while exercising discretion and judgement in the performance of the clinical examination. The cardiac/vascular sonographer will also provide the physician with an oral or written summary of the technical findings as well as provide patient education.
● Carries out cardiac/vascular examinations following department protocol and procedures: Transthoracic Echocardiogram with or without Contrast, Vascular studies to include: Renal duplex, Aorta duplex, Arterial duplex arms/legs, Graft Surveillance arms/legs, Carotid, ABI, Segmental pressures arms/legs, venous duplex arms/legs.
● Examines requisition for appropriate orders, exam date, indication for exam. Reprints corrected requisition.
● Is able to consistently determine quality diagnostic images. Consistently presents high quality images to the Cardiologists for interpretation.
● Acquires and archives for the procedure. Demonstrates competency in imaging and archiving procedures.
● Documents appropriate information in patients chart.
● Organizes workload to complete responsibilities within a designated time period as evidenced by observation and feedback.
● Participates in performance improvement and quality control activities.
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
QualificationsCardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) Certification, Registered Vascular Technician (RVT)- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) - ARDMS
Come join us in our pursuit to become the best healthcare system in America!
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.