Masco Cabinetry has an immediate opening for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist in Middlefield, OH!
Masco Cabinetry manufactures three nationally recognized cabinetry brands, KraftMaid®, Merillat® and Quality Cabinets®. Offering an unmatched selection of stylish, high-quality products at a variety of price levels, Masco Cabinetry brands are favored by builders, dealers, distributors and home centers throughout North America. A leader in environmental stewardship, Masco Cabinetry products have been granted an Environmental Stewardship Program certificate by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for all Health and Safety/Environmental compliance as well as the implementation of all safety/environmental programs and policies. The person selected will support and mentor all Supervisors and Managers in regards to Health and Safety/Environmental issues. This position also requires daily plant visits and production floor involvement. Other daily requirements include communication with EHS Manager and Supervisors.
- Help maintain all written Safety Programs and training records
- Support Supervisors on all Safety/Environmental related issues
- Review Safety Audits completed by Supervisors to insure corrective actions have been followed through
- Conduct safety classes for all outside contractors as needed
- Assist in the investigation of accidents
- Assist Industrial Hygiene monitoring task
- Assist in external/internal evacuations
- .Conduct internal EHS audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Update and maintain Plant JSA program/LOTO Placards
- Assist with maintaining the OSHA 300 log
- Assist with supporting ISO 14001 program.
- Maintain current knowledge of environmental laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be available for work on all shifts without notice and as needed
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in health & safety, engineering, industrial hygiene or related field or 5 years health, safety, and/or environment experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures and policies and effectively present information and respond to questions.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Completed OSHA training courses.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or experience managing behavioral-based safety initiatives.
- Health and Safety (H&S) certification.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen activities and Six Sigma processes.
- Experience with Safety Management systems.
- Experience with OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP).
- Experience with ISO 14001.
- Haz-Mat Certification