Apex Life Sciences is seeking qualified candidates for an Environmental Chemist position in Fayetteville, NC!
We are currently seeking an Environmental Chemist for Metals Analyst position within our Fayetteville, NC laboratory. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with ICP, HPLC, and GC instrumentation, and have experience preparing and analyzing water and soil samples. This is a full-time position, offering a full suite of company benefits.
Under limited supervision of the Department Supervisor, Analysts, working in an accredited commercial laboratory, conduct basic and advanced chemical and/or biological tests and analyze results to determine composition, reactions, and chemical and/or physical properties of a variety of sample types. They may also review processes and perform data review to ensure alignment with established SOPs and accuracy.
- Following established SOP’s and adhering to state, federal and other accrediting body requirements, Analysts prepare and process samples, and collect information about the composition of substances to support the analytical testing needs of clients, for such purposes as quantitative analysis, product development, and improvement of analytical methodologies.
- Perform peer review and work with the QA team to maintain up to date SOPs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare necessary standards, solutions, reagents, media, and samples for sample analyses.
- Utilize specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation to process and analyze samples; Perform advance level sample analysis.
- Perform equipment and instrumentation set up.
- Troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation issues.
- Investigate and address inconsistencies with data output.
- Involved in test method development.
- Accurately record observations and data, and interpret results.
- Maintain the integrity of procedures.
- Create data reports; Review data and reports for accuracy; Perform peer reviews.
- Monitor and address sample backlog issues.
- Maintain accurate, up to date logs, notebooks and equipment records.
- Perform necessary laboratory administrative functions such as filing paperwork, photocopying, reviewing of data, and entering data into computerized LIMS.
- Comply with and promote Personnel, Safety, and Quality Program.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of principles, terminology, practices, techniques and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to interpret data, record observations, prepare reports, and perform peer review.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and manage time to meet deadlines and rush orders.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work with delicate laboratory equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to understand and adhere to established SOPs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in an applied science.
- Familiarity with ICP, GC, HPLC required.
- Prior water and soil testing experience.
If interested in this position please send a copy of your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]