The Cancer Registrar is responsible for achieving and maintaining “approval” status of the Cancer Program of United Hospital System as established by the American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer. Additional responsibilities include assuring documentation of all Cancer Program activities in the system, as well as maintaining efficient operation of all functions in the Cancer Registry as required by the Commission on Cancer. Works with public relations department on community outreach and education activities.
- Education: High School or Equivalent (GED)
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Certification/Licensure Required: Certified as a Certified Tumor Registrar with a minimum of two years of cancer registry experience or completion of an NCRA-approved college level curriculum in cancer registry/cancer data management.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, tumor pathology, anatomy and physiology, as well as cancer staging systems, clinical applications or cancer diagnosis, treatment regimens, research protocols, and follow-up criteria.
- Knowledge of medical data collection codes.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.