If you’re looking for a dynamic career move, look no further.
Cambrex is an innovative life sciences company with a refreshingly human approach. Driven by passion, our pharmaceutical products, expertise and technologies are accelerating small molecule therapeutics into the market to help businesses grow.
- We are tried and trusted across branded and generic API markets
- We put all of our energy and experience into being a partner of choice
- Our people are the experts customers enjoy working with
Headquartered in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Cambrex supports its customers worldwide with a network of API R&D and cGMP manufacturing facilities across the US and Europe.
As the number one contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for small molecule APIs in the USA and one of the fastest growing CMOs in Europe, we are leading the way in terms of small molecule API development and manufacturing. Not only that, our passionate people love what they do and always go the extra mile for our customers.
Create a better world at Cambrex
Known for our manufacturing excellence, experience and innovative science, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Cambrex Charles City, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cambrex and develops and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients, fine chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediates for a wide range of applications.
Find out more about life at Cambrex
Watch our video: Meet the Cambrex experts
Cambrex Charles City, Inc. is seeking a Senior Scientist - Research & Development to work at our manufacturing plant in Charles City, Iowa who shares the values and principles that characterize who we are and how we work. It's time to join our world-class team.
The Senior Scientist will lead and assist with efforts in developing synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs. This hands-on position will involve approximately 70% bench work with the remainder involved in results reporting, team collaboration, bench to pilot plant process technology transferal and pilot plant support work.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Leading and Assisting with the development of synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs
- Planning and executing laboratory research including kilo lab scale work
- Participate on cross functional project teams within Research and Development and across the Company
- Assume leadership roles for process development and plant support as needed and appropriate
- Utilizing professional concepts to contribute to the development of Company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in a creative and effective manner
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or similar with 5 or more years of industrial experience in multi-step organic synthesis and process implementation.
- Masters in Organic Chemistry or similar with 10 or more years of industrial experience and proven command of multi-step synthesis of small molecule APIs would be considered
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, NMR required
- Strong command of chemical literature is required
- Good project management skills required
- Familiarity with high potency APIs and controlled substance handling a plus
- Familiarity with Empower a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Familiarity with compliance requirements within cGMP, safety and regulatory environments
- The ability to solve extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed work environment.
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, RX, vision, dental and life, LTD, STD, 401K with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the 'Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarshp program'. Post offer physical and drug screen are required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements online: www.cambrex.com/careers
Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.