Under the direction of the Clinic Manager and Physician, the Medical Assistant is responsible for the receiving of patients, preparing the patients to be seen by the physician, and assisting the physician as requested in the delivery of care to the patient. The Clinical Assistant works with new born, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and is knowledgeable with regard to the clinic's patient education program and provides educational materials to the patient when appropriate. The clinical assistant is also responsible for the maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Education: High School plus specialized training (6 months-2 years)
- Experience Required: Entry Level
- Certification/Licensure Required:
- Certification to be eligible to practice as a Medical Assistant in the State of Wisconsin and/or the State of Illinois based on job location assignment.
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program preferred.