With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-caliber professionals to join our connected network.
GHD is looking for a Junior Engineer to join our growing Hilton Head, South Carolina office. This is a great opportunity to kick start your engineering career! You will assist Project Managers and other Engineers with geotechnical and construction materials testing projects including fieldwork, data review, engineering analyses and reporting. You will also oversee the scheduling and coordination of projects and subcontractors. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
Ideally we’re looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- An Engineer In Training (EIT) certification is required
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous geotechnical/materials testing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel (sometimes overnight) and work in the field at least 30%
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and coordinating multiple tasks
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume via the link below.