- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least 16+ years of general engineering experience
- Highly desire prior experience supporting electronic systems and similar technical products
- Should have experience as a contractor supporting Army officers and with close coordination between O-5 and O-6 organizations
- Experience in collaborating with other systems engineers, logistics engineers, cost analysts, acquisition analysts, and trainers
- Some travel may be required
- Must currently possess an active SECRET clearanceOverview
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Systems Engineers being sought to provide system support for an Army Product Management Office. Responsibilities include surveying industry capabilities and technology readiness levels to determine feasibility and options for improving performance and maintainability of the current aircraft fleet. The engineer will develop system specifications to inform competitive contract vehicles, early user assessments, and eventual management of system engineering processing in product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as systems engineer within the Product Directorate
- Provide technical expertise on technologies under consideration
- Identify project requirements and overseeing system engineering processes
- Recommend additive technologies to improve performance
- Develop project costs/schedules, and coordinate technical activities
- Prepare and deliver briefings to senior management describing program status, issues, analyses, findings, results, recommendations, and conclusions as appropriate
- Ensure technical requirements traceability is maintained through product development cycles.
- Participate in software development reviews
- Coordinate qualification and test requirements with AED and the test community
- Advise product developers system engineering guidance and policies
- Brief managers on technical progress
- Develop, analyze and implement risk mitigation activities
- Update/Compile DODAF architectural views
- Update and manage network architectures consistent with information assurance guidance and Army network policy
- Coordinate software integration with aviation platform product offices
- Coordinate product external interfaces to include external functional and design interfaces as defined in the Interface Control Documents (ICDs) with external agencies
- Participate in interface working groups, review test procedures and plans that verify the interfaces, audit design interfaces, oversee incorporation of interface changes into specifications, ensure interface drawings are complete and up-to-date, and ensure CM control of ICDs implemented
- Participate in test reviews and development of test plans