Our chemists are environmental laboratory professionals who are interested in providing solution and quality‐oriented service to our clients. These professionals have the skills to be the entire laboratory staff in the mobile lab environment and become an integral member of our client's team. As a Pace ECCS team member, we will rely on you to handle the unexpected while you are in the field by utilizing your creativity and quick thinking, and making logical decisions on your feet.
Responsibilities will include traveling to field project sites and performing mobile/on‐site environmental testing services. The remainder of your time will be spent in Madison supporting the fixed‐base laboratory, completing cross‐training, and supporting our overall operations.
- Performs routine and non‐routine laboratory testing of samples in accordance with the ECCS Quality System
- Maintains current knowledge and principles of EPA SW‐846 test methods and associated federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintains/repairs laboratory instrumentation and associated equipment
- Develops and validates new fixed or on‐site laboratory test methods and prepares SOPs
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance
- Maintain daily logs, equipment record books, and computer database of sample results
- Complete projects by assisting project team; attending and participating in group and project meetings
- Interacts with clients in a positive manner
- Serves as a technical expert and mentor to junior staff
- Actively promotes quality improvement
- Maintains awareness of occupational safety hazards and is skilled in implementing appropriate safety practices and recognizing and communicating hazards
- No direct supervisory responsibilities- indirect responsibility to work closely with staff in a mentoring role