Apex Life Sciences is looking for a 1st shift Chemist
Location Harvey, IL
The incumbent is responsible for performing chemical analysis on food sample. The incumbent analyzes the concentration of certain components in food sample. The incumbent must accurately prepare and process the sample to obtain the needed results. The incumbent supervises daily activities of departmental personnel ranging from receiving to reporting of results and ensures that analysis is performed correctly.
- Wet chem (all testing performed in wet chem)
- Performs analyses with instrumentation (GC, LC, ICPMS, Protein, Fiber, etc.)
- Utilize various instruments such as HPLC, GC, ICP, and ICPMS to determine concentration of desired balances in the food sample.
- Prepare materials and sample for analysis by drying glassware to rid container of moisture, cooling in desiccator if necessary, and defat or dry certain sample in the appropriate oven before processing.
- Prepare standards or reagents that are needed for the analysis procedure.
- Maintain laboratory instruments in working order and make any minor repairs that are necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observation accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
- Be able to perform a a new method with minimal input from supervisor
2-5 years of experience. This position requires a general knowledge of chemistry to perform analyses. A basic knowledge of instrumentation and theory including HPLC, GC, and AA is helpful. Basic knowledge of food science is helpful to analyze the chemical content of sample.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.