The Student Nurse Interns work under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) to provide safe, personal patient care. In this program you will have an opportunity to:
- Receive Basic Life Support training;
- Have assistance with determination of nursing specialty;
- Utilize technical skills learned in school under the direction of a RN;
- Facilitate transition from student to graduate nurse; and
- Step Four Student Nurse Interns (in fourth clinical semester) who make a commitment to work as a RN at United may begin their orientation and may be assigned to shadow a RN.
Qualifications needed for the program:
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- Must maintain an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum of one semester of formal nursing education that includes at least one semester of clinical experience and/or C.N.A. certification and currently enrolled in first clinical semester.
- Education: High School plus specialized training (6 months-2 years)
- Experience Required: Entry Level
- Certification/Licensure Required for Job: Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.