Position: Formulations Chemist and Production Chemist
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Use of equipment, such as pH meter, centrifuge, analytical balance, spectrophotometer, vacuum chamber, tangential flow filtration system, membrane printing system, conjugate dispensing system.
* Maintain and calibrate equipment.
* Prepare complex solutions, such as phosphate buffer, antigen conjugate solution, antibody conjugate solution, gold-antibody conjugate solution.
* Optimize formulation and performance of gold-antibody conjugate pad.
* Assemble drug test strips and devices.
* Test gold-antibody conjugate pad samples using drug positive urine and drug negative urine.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary work place, including washing glassware.
* Conduct complex experimentation including data collection, summary and thorough analysis, in support of product improvement and validation projects. Compose robust experimentation strategies that maximize effective use of resources and time to deliver optimum information.
* Innovate production methods and product formulation to resolve problems and accomplish company objectives. Pro-actively recommend strategy to overcome hurdles.
* Maintain records of laboratory activities and notebooks in a professional, accurate manner. May provide support to regulatory and intellectual property activities.
* Operate equipment and conduct tasks in a safe manner, adhering to established guidelines and applicable regulations.
* Take a technical leadership role in the production area
* Generate oral and written reports as necessary and to summarize production activities and projects. Initiate communication with related staff and functions as necessary to carry out activities effectively.
* Monitor and maintain necessary laboratory supplies, with approval from senior department staff.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and practices..
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.