Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Responsible for the implementation of Dal-Tile Corporate Environmental and Industrial Hygiene (IH) programs. Assist with various types of IH exposure monitoring and support from U.S. corporate headquarters. Assist with environmental compliance activities throughout the organization's U.S. and Mexico manufacturing operations. Provide Manufacturing Operations with regulatory clarifications support to develop and improve systematic processes based on scientific methodology.
- Participate in development, coordination, and/or performance of Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Audits
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene Surveys in accordance with the CDC's established National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Methods with specific emphasis on silica dust and noise exposures
- Investigate complaints dealing with exposures and develop long term strategies to reach engineering and/or work practice solutions
- Help with implementation & maintenance of Ergonomic Programs, including oversight of development of Physical Demand Analysis (PDA's)
- Identify and implement ways to fulfill Dal-Tile Corporate Environmental, Safety, and Health Department's role in ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and reporting requirements at all Dal-Tile locations
- Inform the Director-EHS and Plant Management on all aspects of plant, environmental, and health issues; coordinate with Plant Managers and Plant EHS staff on Environmental and IH Programs
- Assist with the development and revision of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Assist with development and implementation of Emission Inventories, Waste Analyses, Waste Profiling, Stack Sampling, Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans & Storm Water Pollution Prevention (SWPP) Plans
- Assist Internal/External Customers with Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) and other Green Building Programs
- At the direction of the Industrial Hygienist, develop responses to Internal/External Customers requests for information on the potential for hazardous constituents in Dal-Tile products, e.g. Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) & Lead
- Conduct ACM Surveys and assist with the development and implementation of Asbestos Programs
- Assist in the updates of Air/Water/Waste Permits and interact with Federal, State and Local Officials as required
- Effectively communicate ideas and knowledge to appropriate levels of the organization, both verbal and written
- Utilize strong analytical skills and apply results effectively
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Multi-task with minimal supervision
- Display strong communication and training skills, conflict resolution
Master of Science degree in Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Engineering or related degree and 1 year of environmental and health program implementation experience, to include 1 year of experience in each of the following: Industrial Hygiene Principles with workplace monitoring; U.S. and Mexico Environmental & Health Regulations; ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems; Microsoft Office, Word, PPT and Excel; and organizing, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and IH data. 15 to 20% travel to Mexico required.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).