Performs standard Electroencephalograms and Evoked Potential Studies for patients. Provides support in the Cardiac Services Department performing Exercise Testing and Electrocardiograms. Prepares test results, transcription, copying, filing and performs other duties as needed.
- Education: High School or equivalent (GED)
- Experience Required: Entry Level
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Training as a Medical Assistant or LPN is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and clerical functions related to scheduling.
- Demonstrates proficiency in arrhythmia recognition.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence with all associated equipment used.
- Knowledge obtained from training or previous experience in anatomy, physiology, testing and treatment in neurological and cardiac services preferred.