BS 8+, MS 6+, PhD 3+
• Master’s degree or higher in any field.
• Five or more years of technical editing experience pertaining to science and engineering publications.
• Demonstrated strong technical writing and editing skills as evidenced by a portfolio of published, edited work.
• Ability to successfully manage a double-blind peer-review process that results in the publication of scholarly, scientific literature.
• Detail oriented with excellent organization, time management, analytical thinking, observation, and active listening skills.
• Proven negotiation and collaboration skills to resolve differences between parties (in a peer-review context) who may initially have divergent views.
• Experience serving as the editor of a technical journal.
• Experience with use of collaboration spaces.
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials. Translates complex data into user-friendly text for print and electronic publications, such as technical journals, user and training manuals, government proposals, websites and podcasts. Gathers information through research, statistical reports and interviews with technical staff. Develops cataloging systems, and maintains records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications. Assists in preparing material for technical seminars and business forums. May be called upon to assist in technical or business presentations in such meetings as business or customer needs require. Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.