Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), the Emergency Department Technician provides patient care for all patients throughout the lifespan.
- Education: High School plus specialized training (6 months-2 years)
- Experience Required: 1-3 years
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Must obtain basic EKG certification within 6 months of hire.
- Current State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) basic licensure or Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.)
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.