Option Care is a healthcare services company that at its core delivers high quality, cost effective infusion services through trusted partnerships across the healthcare system, resulting in outcomes that make a positive difference in people’s lives.
Job Description Summary:The Patient Service Representative I (PSR)/Pharmacy Technician is involved in various patient related tasks. The PSR establishes and maintains positive patient and customer relations by ensuring the timely and accurate generation of delivery tickets, coordination of deliveries and pickups, maintenance of patient supply inventories, and by communicating effectively with all members of the healthcare team. Responsibilities are divided between assisting patients with their supply needs, patient therapy compliance monitoring and data entry.
- Manages a caseload of patients regarding the therapy compliance and coordination of patient supplies and delivery needs.
- Assists patients in maintaining appropriate inventory levels of all needed supplies and solutions and monitoring usage.
- Schedules deliveries and pickups of equipment and supplies.
- Generates delivery tickets for all deliveries and pickups.
- Functions as a contact person between all members of the healthcare team to relay necessary information in order to coordinate patient needs.
- Identifies potential inventory/delivery problems and initiates actions to resolve them.
- Collaborates with warehouse staff to schedule cost efficient deliveries that simultaneously meet the patient’s needs.
- Supports clinical staff by retrieving on-going patient related information. Faxes and or communicates patient related information to physicians as needed. Enters information into the computer daily.
- Assists with filing and updating patient charts. Documents contact with patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned – example: Accepts referral and records initial information for patient and initiates call to insurance company to verify insurance and obtain authorization.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements: High School Diploma/GED
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests: At least 1 year of experience in a medical setting.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.