The Data Scientist will be tasked with helping every part of the business derive actionable insight from data. This role will act as a key subject-matter expert in the domains of machine learning, applied statistics, data visualization and data-driven problem solving.
You will be working directly with the business to help them scope and define their problem statements, perform their analyses and evaluate their results. This is a role with lots of variety and at any given time you may be acting as an internal consultant to support business-led data science efforts; guiding the BI team in their development or leading your own analytics projects autonomously. As part of our broader strategy around data you will be expected to act as a champion of an analytics-driven culture and should be someone who has natural curiosity, enthusiasm and a hunger to learn.
- Analyze and understand the disparate sources of industry data
- Apply data-mining and machine learning techniques to large structured and unstructured datasets
- Iterate to push the boundaries on what problems can be solved through data analytics
- Scaling from ad-hoc advanced analytics prototypes to large-scale learning solutions in live systems
- Clearly communicate analysis methods and results to the project stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing/Engagement team and other application developers to translate business objectives into new features and products
- Data validation, testing and dashboard creation in Mircrosoft Power BI
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* At least 5 years' experience building descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive models with data.
* Expertise with scripting languages such as R, Python, MDX and SQL.
* Experience working with Azure cloud computing technologies.
* Experience working with Azure Machine Learning Studio
* Experience working with Microsoft Power BI
* Experience applying data mining and machine learning techniques in a professional context.
* Strong familiarity with data preparation, processing classification, and prediction.
* Knowledge of data mining and machine learning algorithms, theories, principles and practices.
* Track record of delivering analytical solutions to poorly scoped problems
* Possess a strong blend of technology and analytical skill
* Demonstrable successes in delivering analytical projects, including structuring and conducting analyses to generate business insights and recommendations
* Solution/Delivery-oriented team player willing to go above and beyond
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow
* High motivation, work ethic, and self-discipline to organize and complete tasks
* Ability to work beyond familiar algorithms - to get out of one's comfort zone and earnestly seek to integrate the best solutions to business challenges
Nice to Have
* Familiarity with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
* Experience with version control platforms (git, svn, etc.)
* Experience working in the intelligence community and using data to inform intelligence.
* Experience working with Agile development methodology
* Experience in the insurance industry