Scientific Research Corp
Project Controls Engineer
|Post Date:||Dec 28, 2017||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||12/28/2017||Salary:|| |
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
The contractor serves as a Project Controls Engineer, to provide services for Construction Scheduling, review and analysis of Requests for Equitable Adjustment (REA), Cost and Claims submitted by the construction contractors for OBO's worldwide construction program.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Full gamut of construction project controls report drafting and production (MS Office Suite), cost management, schedule management (Primavera), change order management, submittal management, and commercial construction
• Evaluates new projects to develop and create a schedule for the estimated construction duration using Primavera software
• Duration estimates are supported by the contractor's written assumptions, independent material take offs and bar schedule within the time frame of delivery
• Develops Construction Management supervision cost estimates for the projects
• Attends project planning meetings as needed to provide project duration estimates at various stages of development
• Prepares responses to Requests for Information (RFI) for questions related to scheduling
• Assists with evaluation, analysis, and reviews of program -wide Project Execution Schedules (PES), REAs, Cost and Claims submitted by the construction contractors
• Prepares reports and other control documentation
• Performs detailed and comprehensive analysis of Interim Project Schedule Analysis (lPES), Baseline Project Execution Schedule (BPES), Monthly Project Execution Schedule (PES), and As-built Project Schedules submitted by the construction contractors for OBO projects
• Reviews for completeness, reliability, logic and inclusion of all scheduling elements required by the project specifications
• Recommends means, methods, and criteria for contractors to improve the scheduling package
• Performs analytical evaluation and completeness of work performed by IDIQ Scheduling consultants
• Reviews and analyze progress or lack thereof of the projects to meet the completion date
• Perform in-depth analysis of, and reasons for, contracts not meeting the completion dates
• Participates in negotiations with the construction contractors and OBO staff to resolve Scheduling, REAs, TlAs, and Claims
• Reviews and perform in-depth analysis of REAs submitted by construction contractors for justification, and cost/time impacts
• If the submittal package is incomplete, recommend the area branch chief or the contracting officer to obtain the missing information
• Performs time impact analysis (TIA), and cost analysis and prepare an Independent government estimate (IGE) for the REA
• Maintains a monthly log of global REAs received from the construction contractors with status/updates and prepares reports for the front office
• Reviews claim documents as required
• Prepares detailed reports and recommendations on the reviews and analysis of the work performed
• Performs additional duties at the direction of the supervisor
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of a B.S. in Engineering (any discipline), Engineering Management, Construction Management, or Construction Engineering from an accredited institution At least 10 years of on-site large-scale vertical construction phase experience (of buildings) on government or commercial projects is required
• Overseas experience required
• U.S. and International Electrical Codes experience required.
• The candidate shall be a graduate from an accredited college
• Position requires certification as one of the following: Certified Cost Consultant, Certified Cost Engineer, Certified Cost Technician, or a Certified Estimating Professional
• At least 7 years of professional experience in project scheduling, REA management, cost, and project control
• Expertise in the United States and International project management principles and processes, including project scheduling, resolution of REAs, budget, cost/benefit analysis, and metrics development to resolve project construction issues
• Knowledge of the principals, practices, and program control with emphasis on planning, scheduling, and financial monitoring
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction projects.
• Extensive use of Primavera, ProjNet and familiarity with other database management, project scheduling and tracking software
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• U.S. Embassy construction program experience highly desired
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
WORK LOCATION: ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Scientific Research Corp
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.