Every day, Kelly Scientific Resources connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers, and we currently have temp-to-hire opening for a Chemistry Lab Technician in Mt. Prospect, IL.
- Perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties of various food and beverage products and ensure compliance with company and government standards.
- Follow standard operating procedures and chemical hygiene plan
- Adhere to lab safety procedures including SS sheets and hazardous spill containment and control
- Participate in safety training
- Maintain lab cleanliness, organization, documentation, order and care of equipment
- Wash, rinse, and dry glassware
- Prepare solutions according to instructions and formulas
- Perform analyses per analytical SOPs
- Recognize and communicate inconsistent and nonconforming results
- Fill tubes and bottles with specified solutions and apply identification labels
- Operate volumetric pipets, micropipettors, graduated cylinders, titrators and volumetric flasks
- Assist fellow workers in daily operations as needed
- Weigh samples and prepare/calculate dilutions as needed
- Perform calculations, conversions and basic stoichiometry
- Participate in and adhere to laboratory and Quality Control programs
- Meet deadlines of job duties
- Produce analytical test reports with minimal assistance
- Enter client test items and results into LIMS
- Participate in lab and dept. meetings and offer constructive input
- Maintain inventories/chemical list on chemistry materials and request supplies for weekly purchasing
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry or related field OR Associates degree in Science or related field with one to two year job experience and proven technical ability
- Basic math skills
- Independent yet team oriented
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.