Electronics Lab Technician
Position ID: req9128
Sector: Global Operations
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Plant, Anderson, 101 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SOUTH CAROLINA 29626 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
A person in this position will perform duties in support of new product development within the engineering organization. These duties will include but not be limited to building/fabricating prototype hardware, testing and debugging new circuits and software, fabricate test equipment and related cables, environmental and EMC testing. Will modify, upgrade and/or repair engineering hardware including field returns supporting engineering analysis/evaluation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and revising engineering reports and test procedures based on engineering functional specifications.
- Work closely and in conjunction with an experienced group of engineers on the development and support of hardware and software
- Supports quality and engineering functions in the test lab and prototype area including ordering of prototyping services, preparation of prototype and test samples, test preparation, set-up, and execution.
- Responsible for the assembly, modification, repair and/or verification of electronic circuits & modules.
- Work within the Electronics team on the development of electronic circuits, wire harnesses, test boxes, test equipment, software regression testing, and regulatory agencies testing.
- Read and Build prototype circuits from Schematics.
- Build, modify, and/or repair custom electronic circuit assemblies.
- Build, modify, and/or repair custom wiring harnesses for test equipment and applications.
- Build, modify, and/or repair test boxes.
- Hand solder small scale electronic components including fine pitch SMD & through hole devices.
- Troubleshoot electronic circuits.
- Perform Debug and Failure analysis.
- Coordinate efforts to repair or update equipment as needed.
- Conduct monitoring and testing activities as directed.
- Accurately and thoroughly document test results to meet quality system requirements.
- Associates degree in electronics or related field; or a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Minimum 3 years related work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to set up and run electronic equipment including Oscilloscopes, power supplies, data loggers, electronic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.
- Solder, Board Assembly, and Rework Experience.
- Electronic Troubleshooting experience at PCBA Level.
- Experience with Power Measurement, current measurements, component level failure diagnosis.
- Experience with hardware and software integration in the LabVIEW environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams.
- Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats.
- Experience with application of various electronic devices and electrical components. Specific examples include printed circuit board assemblies; microcontroller based electronics, AC and DC fans, wiring harness assemblies, membrane/micro switch components and LED lighting.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry.
- Electronic Test Fixture Experience with functional test design.
- Electronic Test Fixture Experience with ITC equipment.
- Proficiency in the LabVIEW environment for programming and designing tests.
- Experience with diagnosing failures at the component or PCBA level with the use of an X-Ray machine.
- EMI/EMC test execution and troubleshooting experience.
- Prior roles working safety agencies (UL, CSA, TUV, etc.).
- Experience with Environmental testing for Electronics and Electronic Assemblies.
- Experience with HALT/HASS testing for Electronics and Electronic Assemblies.
- Proficiency in EXCEL
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. The products include refrigerators, ovens, cookers, hobs, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 60 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2015 Electrolux had sales of $14.7 billion ($5.1 billion in North America) and 58,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.