Under the supervision of a radiologist, performs all CT scans in accordance with department policies and procedures. Operates auxiliary equipment including, but not limited to: laser camera, processor, magnetic tape/optical disk, and power injector, administers intravenous and oral contrast materials as dictated by scan protocols, assists with providing technical coverage 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
- Education: Associate Degree: Graduate of an accredited certification program in Radiologic Technology
- Experience Required: Entry Level
- Licenses/Certifications Required:
- Licensure to be eligible to pactice as a Licensed Radiographer in the State of Wisconsin.
- American REgistry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) -CT required within one year of employment.
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy preferred.