Large Molecule Chemist/Biologist
|Post Date:||Mar 15, 2019||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||3/15/2019||Salary:|| |
Large Molecule Chemist/Biologist
Employee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Laboratory and related work (80-90% of time) under daily to weekly supervision.
- Work with supervisor to define aim and a plan to achieve that aim, will then execute work following the plan (independently, if familiar with area of work, with guidance if unfamiliar).
- Experimental design - will fine tune experiments following discussion with supervisor and literature review, with increasing emphasis on independent design based on experience.
- Will analyze and interpret experimental data, results and methodology used with guidance.
- Will gain skills and experience to be fully conversant with the operation and validation of all items of equipment or IT needed for experimentation, data analysis, storage and data entry.
- Building skills to review literature and electronic information critically to enhance understanding of disease/technology area (2-3 hours per week).
- Incumbent must be able to comfortably in a chemical and immunological laboratory environment.
- Contribute to writing of e.g. SOPs, interpretation of data, study reports and protocols.
- Write up laboratory notebooks regularly in compliance with guidelines.
- Preparation of presentation materials.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Regular 1:1 communication with supervisor and team colleagues.
- Other colleagues within Research as well as external teams within the organization.
- Developing communication/presentation skills at internal meetings/poster sessions.
- Safe working and regulatory compliance.
- Completion of risk assessments, compliance with client procedures.
- Will recognize risks (own and others), within own area of expertise. Intervene or take action, where appropriate.
- MS in biology, immunology, chemistry, or related field.
- 2-5 Years of industrial experience working on modern in vitro laboratory techniques in the area of immunology or cell biology. Familiarity with ex vivo and in vivo studies will be an advantage
- Experience with sterile cell culture techniques, purification of PBMCs, isolation of plasma and serum from animal whole blood and primary cell culture work.
- Background in assay development, optimization and non-GLP qualification work
- Experience with immunological assays on multiple platforms (ELISA, ELISpot, Mesoscale etc.)
- Excellent cell culture skills and experience in cell-based assays.
- Computer skills such as Excel, Prism etc.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
What we offer:
- BS in biology, immunology, analytical chemistry, or related biomedical field.
- Proficiency in modern in vitro laboratory techniques in the area of immunology or cell biology.
- Intermediate skill in modern HPLC techniques (UHPLC, SEC, IEX, HILIC).
- Beginning to intermediate skill in spectrometric techniques (A260, fluorescent spectroscopy).
- Must be comfortable performing simple chemical transformations.
- Working knowledge of organic chemistry helpful, but not required.
- Basic understanding of mass spectroscopy.
- Ideally at least 2 years working in a laboratory in either an academic or industrial research setting.
- Good practical skills in standard biomedical research.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, Michigan are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services ® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.