- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering or related technical field and 10+ years of related experience
• Experience with Hadoop distributed file system
- Experience with data clustering analysis
- Experience with time series
- Experience with map reduce
- Programming experience, especially in R and Python
- Communicate effectively across the customer space regardless of technical, operational or management topic focus.
- Initiative to provide creative alternatives to challenges or systemic problems and ability to identify and quickly resolve complex issues
• Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
• Proven interpersonal skills, customer focus, and ability to work effectively with others
• Experience in requirements generation and derivation
• Experience with full software lifecycle
• Excellent briefing and writing skills
• Extensive experience with database design concepts
• Experience with Enterprise Service Architecture and technologies
• Experience with current customer development technologies
• Familiarity with relational database technologies (MySql, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
• Conversant with legacy technologies (Lotus Notes, MS Access)
• Willingness to learn and become the expert in new technologies.
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.Overview
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Standard Job Description:
Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures. Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases visualized through multi-dimensional interfaces. Handle processing and index requests against high-volume collections of data and high-velocity data streams. Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data. Requires strong technical and computational skills - engineering, physics, and mathematics, coupled with the ability to code design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques and utilizing high-performance computing environments. Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions. Experience with software development, preferably Python, and R. Experience with data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST. Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop and Mahout, Acumulo, Hive, Impala, Pig, and similar. Experience with visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics. Experience with open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr. Experience with entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc. Experience with time series analysis, map reduce, machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering analysis.
Specific Job Description:
The selected Data Scientist will be focused on translating and documenting strategic information needs for an assigned business area into derived system requirements. He/she will then work with legacy data source owners to incorporate these requirements into their program plans, track the progress, participate in testing and integration, and eventually productize the enhanced legacy data sources.
The individual will be required to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert, and possess an understanding and knowledge of data structure to review and recommend solutions to current legacy data sources.
- Participate in the creation of a way forward for making information available to stakeholders.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of the business logic and workflows of the customer mission via work with domain experts, thus making strong interpersonal skills critical.
- Perform systems engineering at the enterprise level within the context of the political landscape, security restrictions, technological changes, and interacting systems across the customer’s organization.
- Provide systems engineering support with short turn-around projects; development of requirements, project plans, and architecture design, technology assessment, and transition planning.
- Ensure that the business goals are aligned with its IT goals to promote common interfaces and frameworks.