Our client, a company that focuses on color matching of make-up products is seeking a Junior Scientist/Chemist to join their expanding team.
- Color matching of make-up products according to marketing brief/product specifications. Make adjustments as necessary.
- Develop products to meet customer needs
- Development of new formulas according to marketing brief/product specification
- Develop/create pilot batch prior to industrial scale-up
- Improvement of the existing formulas currently being used
- Ability to evaluate formulas, interpret results and communicate discrepancies directly to facilitate timely corrections
- Maintain clear and accurate records of all formulas, procedures, results and actions
- As needed, directly interface with suppliers of raw materials, sales staff and customers as part of the product development process.
- Knowledgeable and ability to learn a variety of raw materials and interpret their technical data sheet and SDS
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with research & development software
- Attend meetings and seminars as requested
- Travel for pilots’ manufacture and industrial scale-up
- Participate in the general upkeep of the QC/ R&D laboratory facility
- Work safely with hazardous chemicals and waste.
- Operate and maintain analytical equipment.
- Complete special assignments as required
- Additional and duties as requested
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience
- Experience with pigments
- Knowledge of general chemistry principles
- Correctly operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Proficiency in Using Microsoft Products including Word, Excel, and Office
- Proficient in Math
- Experience working with GLP or GMP regulations a plus
- BS in Chemistry or related field such as Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering or Physical Sciences.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.