Global Product Safety at Kimberly-Clark
Requisition No. 773600
The Kimberly-Clark Product Safety group is seeking a Toxicologist II to support the product safety and human health risk assessment of a products and components through all phases of development, commercialization and post-market surveillance. This position will be located in Neenah, Wisconsin.
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting and authoring chemical and ingredient hazard assessments for components used in a range of consumer and personal care products through review of scientific literature and toxicity safety data. The incumbent will be responsible for developing or assisting with the development of safety and risk assessments of certain products and components according to the intended product use and providing product stewardship guidance to support Kimberly-Clark’s businesses.
The incumbent is expected to apply specialized scientific knowledge, be self-motivated and be able to work independently on assigned projects. The incumbent is expected to differentiate scientifically credible data from questionable data when developing assessments, and will be expected to identify, develop and implement testing plans to address data gaps.
- Document, author and disseminate ingredient and component hazard assessments that support human health safety risk assessments, taking into consideration identified hazard, user or patient exposure according to intended product use or foreseeable misuse. The incumbent may also author human health safety risk assessments and represent Product Safety to internal business customers on multifunctional product development, life-cycle maximization, and post-market support teams.
- Provide input into the development of product safety guidance, safety point-of-view papers and human health risk assessments to internal and/or external technical experts as well as functional and business unit leaders and management.
- Conduct comparative hazard assessments to identify and prioritize chemical substances for continuous improvement in risk reduction and evaluation of alternatives.
- Develop new or revised testing protocols with limited assistance from more senior toxicologists or team leader. The incumbent is expected to work within the appropriate systems to conduct routine analytical, toxicity and safety-related studies to inform the assessment of products and components.
- Conduct her or himself in accordance with expected Kimberly-Clark leadership behaviors and corporate policies and procedures with an expectation to maintain and enhance their technical, professional, leadership and communication skills through professional development and participation in scientific conferences and meetings, publication of appropriate work in peer-reviewed journals and other aspects of technical and leadership development.
- Degree in toxicology, biomedical or related field of relevant product safety experience in the design, development, regulatory clearance/approval and maintenance of medical devices in global markets;
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years of experience, or
- Master’s degree with 0-2+ years of relevant experience, or
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills with demonstrated proficiency working effectively with technical staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Must be an effective communicator in oral and written correspondences as well as presentation formats.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently manage multiple tasks in a cross-functional business, academic or professional setting.
- Knowledge of industry, scientific safety and risk assessment practices, principles and procedures. Knowledge and understanding of toxicological testing.
- Knowledge in regulatory guidance and quality management system requirements associated with the development, commercialization and manufacture of medical device, cosmetic and consumer products.
- Demonstrated proficiency working within SAP database environments and Microsoft programs.
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% (domestic and international)
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support outside of country. This role is available for in-country relocation only.