Located in Milford, Ohio and reporting to the Beverage Coatings Technical Manager, the Beverage Coatings [Contract} Chemist will support current and next generation of interior and exterior coatings for aluminum beverage containers. You will support customer expansion of the beverage coatings product line and work closely with many cross-functional teams including the Team Leader, Polymer Chemist, Technical Service personnel and Sales people.
We offer evolving scientists the opportunity to contribute in a variety of ways all while further developing their skills and ensuring sustainability in everything we do.
- The individual will be part of a highly skilled and diverse team. There will be continuous opportunities to learn and develop in the technical role from learning different coating technologies to understanding different customer processes.
- Opportunity to make a big impact through development of new, innovative products used by millions of people every day.
- Foster an environment of intellectual challenge, self-starter, independent, thinker and a researcher.
• Provide summary reports on projects and problem solving activities as needed
Our Chemists will also manage multiple demands from the lab, technical sales representatives and customers while balancing multiple high priorities and being very flexible as priorities may change.
- Develop a working understanding of the coatings formulations, performance characteristics, testing methodologies, and application conditions across all segments and us that understanding to identify and address the technical hurdles there in.
- Build close working relationships with the robustness lab, technical sales service team, and production facilities as well as with customers.
- Provide summary reports on projects and problem solving activities as needed including communications to both internal and external customers.
- Drive innovation by implementing new ideas, screen new technologies and submit MOI’s that will convert into patent applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or related field.
CONTACT: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]; (513) 605-5495
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.