- Independently set up, run, and harvest shake flasks, WAVE bioreactors, and bench top bioreactors
- Independently execute process optimization experiments in deep-well plates, shake flasks, and bioreactors including setting up and maintaining productions and measuring growth and titer.
- Design experiments and analyze data
- Prepare media, buffers, and other reagents and solutions
- Order reagents and consumables and maintain cell culture equipment
- Present work in group meetings
- Comply with good housekeeping and company safety practices
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or related scientific field with 1+ years industrial experience
- Aseptic technique
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture (CHO) for mAb or recombinant protein production
- Familiarity with bioreactor operations with the understanding of process development at the shake flask and bioreactor scales
- Knowledge of statistical design of experiments is a plus
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good problem-solving, organization, communication, and collaborative skills are essential
- This position will require some off hour and/or weekend work
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.