Laboratory Sample Management Coordinator
Sunday – Thursday, 8am – 4:30pm
Brooklyn Park, MN
Receives and processes time-sensitive Laboratory samples, ensuring timely processing and accurate documentation, providing professional Customer interaction and support. Generates and ensures accuracy in processing of Customer test reports in a timely manner.
Laboratory Sample Receiving and Customer Support
- Efficiently and accurately receives, sorts, and logs in samples for testing on a timely basis with planned distribution of samples to appropriate testing areas.
- Contacts Customers about test request form/sample discrepancies.
- Uses electronic tracking programs for laboratory samples and assist other laboratory staff with the use of those programs.
- Generates and reviews laboratory testing datasheets.
- Generates and reviews shipping forms for return samples, Biological Indicator and supply purchases.
- Communicates to area leadership regarding any issues/potential issues with sample management, Customer satisfaction, and staff support.
- Professionally and courteously interfaces with Customers and couriers at the Laboratory Sample Receiving Door.
- Interfaces with Customers regarding a variety of topics, such as clarification of testing instructions, and acquiring/confirming missing or discrepant information from the TRF.
- Communicates with Customers regarding anticipated release times for laboratory test results and other administrative issues.
- Follows up with Customers as requested by area leadership.
- Provides information to Customers on test services.
- Accurately generates, sends, files and mails final reports, and other laboratory documents.
- Reviews and edits datasheets/final reports for spelling and data transfer accuracy.
- Communicates with report reviewers, and Area Coordinator/Lead, to ensure that Customer expectations are achieved.
- Interfaces with accounting department to assure billing information for laboratory testing is accurate and complete, and to check the status of credit holds before release of test results.
- Maintains data report filing system, including filing reports and other laboratory documents, adding new folders, reconciling files at the year end, and assisting staff with locating documents.
- Generates, updates, and maintains fax cover sheets, email lists, and mailing labels for laboratory Customers.
- Executes non-technical report reviews according to procedure.
Laboratory Testing Support
- Provides back-up support for performing self-contained Biological Indicator sterility testing.
- Verifies results of timed laboratory tests prior to release of results to the Customers.
- Disposes of test materials appropriately.
- Manages return sample process.
Miscellaneous Laboratory Support
- Processes Biological Indicator sales to Customers, providing product pull, shipment, and transfer to contract sterilization personnel.
- Efficiently prepares challenge packs, and other Biological Indicator supply packs, according to the company and Customer specifications.
- Packages environmental monitoring plates for shipment to Customers.
- Monitors in-stock Biological Indicators and makes recommendations for ordering BIs and other Laboratory supplies that are sold by BTL.
- Maintains Laboratory copier/printer to include request for service or repair.
- Monitors inventory of supplies for Laboratory sales ie BIs, contact and settle plates, etc.
- Demonstrates understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices through continuous observation of the work environment and work practices of all employees, reporting observations and recommendations for improvement to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Maintains compliance with Quality Management System procedures in all Quality System activities, assuring fully documented training has been completed prior to the execution of the activities.
- Participates in all required training activities and associated comprehension assessments.
- Evaluates procedures and provides process improvement suggestions through execution of Document Change Order (DCO) activities.
- Initiates and executes Quality System Investigations, Customer Dissatisfactions and Corrective actions as required by procedure.
- Participates in Regulatory, notified body and Customer audits as appropriate.
- May receive training as an Internal/Supplier Auditor and execute associated responsibilities.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- High School Diploma
- BA/BS in Biology/Microbiology Preferred
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a GMP environment or BA/BS in Biology/Microbiology.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment that requires strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem solve and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated excellent Customer service skills.
- Possesses exceptional organizational, time management, and documentation skills.
- Ability to adhere to the Quality System requirements in all activities.
- Ability to understand and follows SOPs in all activities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum Intermediate ability with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to interface professionally by phone or in person with Customers and visitors.
- Familiarity with common office equipment and software.
**Email your resume to apply [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
**Call us to learn more! 763-546-0512