West valley personal care company looking for a Lab Technician for our growing team! For this position you will apply basic chemistry principles to research and quality control testing, learn this industry and product lines, and contribute to the team. This position will be working Monday - Friday on the 2nd shift from 1:30 pm - 10:00 pm, but will train for the first few months during day shift.
Responsible for performance of a variety of analytical tests using wet methods of chemical analysis as well as instrumentation as appropriate (titrations, pH, Gas Chromatography, uv/vis etc.) Routine and proprietary methods of analysis will be employed and incumbent will assist in the development of new methods of analysis when required. Incumbent will support the company’s Quality Assurance program. Provide assistance to Marketing and Sales departments as required. Also responsible for participating in the evaluation of company products.
QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES: : Company operates its business under systems of Quality Management known as ISO-9001:2000 and Cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Each employee in the company is required to know their responsibilities under the company ISO and GMP systems.
The Laboratory Technician has the responsibility to take any steps necessary to prevent distribution of products or services of the company which may not conform to the quality standards of the company. It is the Laboratory Technician’s responsibility to document any such occurrence and immediately notify his/her supervisor.
1. Quality Assurance Testing
2. Approve & Adjust batch formulations
3. Complete formula section of batch records
4. Certificate of Analysis preparation
5. Shelf-life program retesting and maintenance
6. Maintenance of retained sample inventories
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain documentation related to company analytical methods.
• Maintain and calibrate analytical equipment.
• Perform analysis.
• Conduct Quality Assurance tests on company manufactured products.
• Conduct Quality Assurance tests on raw materials.
• Maintain retained sample inventories of company production and raw materials.
• Work with Technical Services Manager on the execution of various experimental projects.
• Maintain lab notebooks, tabulate and organize data, keep records, write reports.
• Maintain inventory and safe storage of laboratory chemicals.
• Follow lab safety procedures to insure regulatory compliance.
• Conduct tests to evaluate benefits and claims for company products.
• Prepare Certificate of Analysis forms and pdf files.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position will fill and start as soon as a qualified candidate is identified!
Apply today to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]