Kelly Engineering Resources has an outstanding direct hire opportunity for a Quality Engineer with strong experience developing, implementing and creation of inspection methods for both manual and automated inspection. This role is with an injection molding facility located in the North Suburbs of Chicago.
Job Scope of the Quality Engineer - Metrology:
- Create & develop measuring techniques to ensure tolerance conformance.
- Program automated inspection equipment including VSPC
- Continuous improvement of current methodolgies and current metrology equipment
Essential Responsibilities of the Successful Quality Engineer - Metrology:
- Develops new and improves existing methods of measurement and ensure its implementation through completion.
- Design, producing, implementation and improvement of measurement fixtures.
- Responsible for assessment of measuring equipment utilization.
- Manufacturing and maintenance of gauges and fixtures.
- Plans, promotes and performs training for metrology technicians and inspectors to use developed automated and manual measurement techniques, measuring machines, gages and fixtures.
- programming and maintenance of VSPC Software.
- Shrinkage Study for new and existing components.
- Gage R&R and Correlation Study inspection and validation of molded parts and assemblies during a process of measurement method development.
- Maintains weekly accuracy verification of Optical Comparators, Optical Gauging Product Machine and CMM equipment.
- Performs Start-up measurement, first article inspection and validation of molded parts and assemblies.
- Assures proper sampling of molded and assembled product and performs dimensional and functional inspection per Sample Requests, Validation Protocols, Work instructions and special requests from customers.
- Coordinates inspection request activities with individual involved, such as: Process, Automation and Tooling Engineers, Quality Control requester, Project Managers, Quality Engineers and others.
- Performs data analysis applying intermediate level knowledge of statistics for normality, power, standard deviation, capability and other statistical calculations.
- Assists Metrology Manager in coordinating and executing objectives in cooperation with other departments to maximize product quality and minimize cost.
- Identify and coordinate resolution of metrology inefficiencies that contribute to increased quality costs.
- Other duties assigned, such as calibration of gauges, instruments, other measuring devices and fixtures used for product inspection.
- Executes specific responsibilities as defined within the company quality operating system.
- Supports and maintains all policies of the company including but not limited to applicable FDA regulatory and ISO requirements, Health and Safety Requirements and Continuous Improvement initiatives
Qualifications of the Successful Quality Engineer - metrology
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Quality Engineering including work experience with VSPC and development of inspection methods, test methods & fixtures and metrology.
- FDA Class
- Six Sigma certifications and working knowledge is a plus.
For immediate consideration please apply online with a Word file of your resume
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.