Pharmacy Technician II
|Post Date:||Dec 28, 2017||Type:||Per Diem|
|Start Date:||12/28/2017||Salary:|| |
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
- Demonstrate somerelevant theoretical knowledge
- Apply known solutionsto a variety of predictable problems
- Applies andperforms processes that require a range of well developed skills where somediscretion and judgment is required
- Interpretavailable information using discretion and judgment
- Takeresponsibility for own outputs in work and learning
- Takeresponsibility for the outputs of others
- High SchoolDiploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of atleast 1 year of hospital experience.
- NationalCertification (CPhT) required
- Active Registeredpharmacy technician, as per State requirements, in good standing with theappropriate State Board of Pharmacy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKINGCONDITIONS – Requires prolongedsitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordinationand manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing andeyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requireslifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents. Work is performed in a hospital (pharmacy,nursing units, etc.) Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involvedealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available toprovide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHACATEGORY – Thenormal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (althoughsituations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, mightencounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these dutiesare not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist inemergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Job Summary – The Pharmacy Technician II is responsible foraccurately performing all advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in atimely manner. In addition, they may be responsible for performing dutiesassociated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) and other specialized dutiesas assigned by the pharmacy management team.
Supervisor – Director ofPharmacy or Pharmacy Operations Manager, Pharmacy Clinical Manager andPharmacists
KeyInteractions– Pharmacists,other Pharmacy technicians, Nurses, Pharmacy Students, Pharmacy Interns andother Facility Staff
Duties (included but notlimited to):
- Identifiescritical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnelany issues in a timely manner
- Completes alleducation requirements and/or other activities needed to maintain competency
- Interacts inperson and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Accuratelymaintains required documentation logs
- Complies withfacility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible formaintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirementsthroughout the organization
- Accuratelyperforms audits (i.e. anesthesia, overrides, billing, etc.) as assigned
- Performs qualitycontrol and performance improvement functions as assigned
- Accuratelyperforms and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned
- Performsadministrative billing functions
- Completes ORcharges in a timely manner as assigned
- Assists thepharmacists in clinical reviews as assigned (i.e. medication reconciliation,triaging reports, etc).
- Accuratelyperforms required calculations
- Accurately andsafely compounds and label medications and parenteral admixtures
- Always utilizesaseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding
- Compliant withall USP 797 daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinetsand biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Always obtains afinal check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteralcompounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication
- Prepares all workrecords needed for day at their designated times including the Discontinued,Transfers, and Discharges Lists of parenteral preparations and efficientlyprocesses these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas
- Compoundschemotherapy preparation per established protocol
- Accuratelytransports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner toappropriate areas
- Accurately fillsorders in the pharmacy
- Processmedication returns and restocking to the pharmacy
- Proficient inautomated dispensing systems
- Performingdaily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution,loading and unloading, etc.)
- TroubleshootsADC issues. (i.e. orders not coming across, drawer failures, medication jams,communication failures, etc.)
- Able toreconfigure Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC).
- Able toperform ADC build and set up functions
- Underdirection will adjust medication Min & Max
- Utilizesthe Medications Not Loaded report to load appropriate Medications in ADC
- Underdirection will perform ADC expiration Audits
- NarcoticDiscrepancy Audits – Investigates Discrepancies to determine if truediscrepancy and completes Audit sheets and/or incidence reports as appropriate.
- ReplenishesADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and as needed
- Monitor ADTactivities and communicate any problems to appropriate individual
- Accuratelypackages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned
- Appropriatelyand timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to bereordered.
- Complieswith ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per policy and procedures
- Performsreceiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy andnotifies the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or productdamage.
- Managesdrug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies opportunities tominimize waste.
- Performother duties as assigned
- Practiceand adhere to the “ Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and ValueStatement”
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.