Assist in the prevention, diagnosis and therapeutic treatment of respiratory disorders by various means, including the administration of medical gases, oxygen therapy, ventilation therapy, artificial airway care, bronchial hygiene therapy, aerosolization of pharmacological agents, respiratory rehabilitation therapy and other treatment, testing, evaluation and rehabilitation procedures, under the direction of a physician and the supervision of a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Education: High School plus specialized training (6 months - 2 years)
- Experience Required: Entry Level
- Must be formally enrolled in an AMA approved school for Respiratory Care within 3 months of hire and maintain appropriate progess toward successful completion and States Licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Experience working with patients in a clinical situation is required.