Specific responsibilities and skills for position:
- A contract Research Associate position is available in the Nonclinical Safety and Pathobiology Department.
- The successful candidate will be involved in developing and executing tissue-based assays including but not limited to optimization of immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
- Duties will include tissue processing, sectioning of FFPE and frozen tissues, optimization and/or validation of reagents, automated IHC staining, digital slide scanning, and database curation.
- Experience with digital image analysis is beneficial.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Under general supervision, performs experiments employing a variety of laboratory methods and techniques that support research activities in Pathobiology.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling experiments consistent with the timeline and objectives of an ongoing Research Project.
- This includes preparing tissue and cell samples, operating scientific equipment, evaluating and optimizing analysis parameters, analyzing data and presenting related reports, and participating in group meetings.
- Depending on the level of experience, the successful candidate may plan and organize details of experiments.
- Will work closely with immediate supervisor on problems that may be of moderate complexity.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree with a solid foundation in biology.
- Past research experience with human and/or animal tissues is required.
- Laboratory experience developing, optimizing, and running immunohistochemical assays is also necessary.
- Familiarity with statistical programs (e.g. GraphPad Prism, Spotfire) preferred. Knowledge of morphometric image analysis or computer programming (especially R, Python, or MATLAB) is beneficial.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.