Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long-term temporary opportunity to work as a Laboratory Technician at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in Naperville, IL.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit Resume” button to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter for this position ([Click Here to Email Your Resumé]) however your resume must be received via the “Submit Resume” button included within.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
B.S. in Chemistry or Biology (preferably Analytical Chemistry) 3-5 years of experience in analyzing various petroleum products. Hands on experience in operating and maintenance of various analytical instruments. Familiarity with ASTM and other standard methods used for analyzing petroleum products.
Specific accountabilities include:
• Promote and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Adhere to regulations and policies within the framework of the Code of Conduct.
• Support Product & Market Support, Formulation and Quality Assurance teams by procuring and analyzing samples from internal teams and external customers as needed.
• Provide samples as requested to Technology Deployment, customers, round-robin organizations, accrediting authorities, and contract laboratories.
• Comply with site sample receiving and storage policies keeping inventories under capacity limits.
• Complete cross training to operate all testing equipment in laboratory.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Biology, physical sciences or related
Essential experience and job requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory analytical techniques and equipment
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Capability to use a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
• Experience using spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software (MS Office
• Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Understands basic HSSE behaviors required for excellent HSSE performance, takes
active responsibility for own safe behaviors, seeks coaching from Team Leader or
others regarding personal HSSE behaviors
• Can describe generic HSSE hazards and risks, can demonstrate steps required for risk
mitigation under supervision
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: www.kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.