Apex Life Sciences is seeking a Manufacturing Chemist to work with a prominent pharmaceutical company in Scarborough, ME. Ideal candidates will have experience with QC testings, SOPs, and GMP or GLP. For immediate consideration, please email updated resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Preferred experience in the following areas:
- Pipette Experience
- pH meters
- Gel Electrophoresis
- SDS Page
- ELISA assays
Produces material for use in immunology based chromatography and enzyme tests. Responsible for making critical and non-critical bio-reagents for use in product and manufacturing processes using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Responsible for in-process QC testing of manufacturing material as it relates to qualifications, quality inspections and titration. Maintains a broad range of knowledge of scientific principles and theories that must be applied to troubleshooting and diagnostic tests. Demonstrated working knowledge of these scientific principles combined with technical proficiency to maintain high standard of production.
Works in a team setting and coordinates manufacturing efforts based upon a set production schedule and maintaining the raw bio-reagent supply as needed to support this schedule. Works in a coordinated effort both performing individual tasks and cooperative group projects on complicated processes. Responsible for maintaining Good Manufacturing/Laboratory Practices (GMP or GLP), orderly and accurate paperwork, quality systems and maintaining the integrity of manufactured product. Must conduct and interpret data and use applied judgment when deciding a course of action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and supports the production schedule
- Investigates problem areas and areas of desirable improvement
- Undertakes new procedures and observes proper safety precautions
- Works in a multidisciplinary team with other scientists, chemists and technicians
- Cross department cooperation to support R&D efforts
- Maintains quality systems and proper GMP/GLP
- Understands and responds to customer needs
- Follows and supports SOP and document system
- Creates and follows protocols designed around product improvement
- Able to perform technical procedures and use laboratory equipment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) or equivalent combination of education and experience in a science related field. Fundamental classes in Biology, Immunology and Chemistry preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Fundamental laboratory skills
- Independent thinking and creative problem solving
- Cooperation in a team setting
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.