Laboratory Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ
Every day Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Coordinator to work with an establish company in Phoenix, AZ.
The Laboratory Coordinator will oversee and coordinate the laboratory spaces for procuring and processing biospecimens. Will ensure that operations are set up and functioning properly in terms of equipment installation, calibration, training and usage. He or she will develop and recommend new standardized operating procedures for local use, train on implementation of new national SOPs from the sponsor, and ensure the highest possible quality control and adherence to protocol for all sites in his or her overview.
- Will be responsible for collecting, logging, processing and shipping biospecimens including blood, urine, and saliva to the national biobank using standardized protocols and consumables and couriers assigned and adhering to quality controls.
- Plans and supervises the set up or sets up laboratory experiments including assembling equipment, selecting and/or preparing reagents and solutions; supervises the disassembling or disassembles laboratory experiments.
- Supervises, schedules and trains colleagues for the laboratories; answers questions concerning experiments and trains on equipment usage.
- Develops and implements schedule of processing.
- Plans and monitors an annual budget for laboratory.
- Develops, tests, modifies and/or recommends techniques to modifications to better meet objectives.
- Inventories, requisitions and restocks supplies for the laboratories.
- Contacts appropriate party to perform electronic and mechanical repairs and calibrations on equipment.
- Recommends new equipment for the laboratories.
- Compiles statistics such as laboratory utilization figures.
- Monitors projects with regard to progress and cost.
- Utilizes microcomputer programs to computerize laboratory records and for use in laboratory work.
- Coordinates audiovisual, computer and tutorial facilities and materials.
- BS in life science or related field
- Knowledge of computerized or automated systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory operation.
- Skill in supervising and coordinating the work of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Previous experience collecting and processing biospecimens, including blood, urine, and saliva, according to strict protocol instructions, SOPs, and ensure adherence to timelines and high quality control.
- Experience with laboratory budgets.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice Training e.g., CITI online program , CLIA, and other applicable regulations.
- Ability to follow strict protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Significant attention to detail for data entry.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, resolving issues with a positive outcome.
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Phlebotomy training and/or certification.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information, and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Apply Today! Questions? Call Kevin at 602.548.1774 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.