Formal education required:
High School Diploma
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Hospital or Nursing Home experience preferred
Use computers to perform pharmacy functions.
St. Mary's Hospital for Children is currently hiring a Pharmacy Technician who will assists the pharmacists in all aspects of the medication delivery process and provision of pharmaceutical services. He/She will also support the Hospital's mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting agency standards, and obtaining appropriate certification.
1. Assist the pharmacist in assuring the quality of all pharmaceutical services,
2. Assist the pharmacist in collecting, organizing, and evaluating information for direct patient care, medication use review, and departmental management.
3. Receive and screen prescription/medication orders for completeness.
4. Prepare and distribute medications.
6. Assist the pharmacist in the identification of patients who desire counseling on the use of medications, and equipment, and devices.
7. Control the inventory of medications, equipment, and devices according to an established plan.
8. Assist the pharmacist in monitoring the practice site, and/or service area for compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and professional standards.
9. Maintain pharmacy equipment and facilities.
10. Assist the pharmacist in preparing, storing, and distributing investigational drug products.
11. Assist the pharmacist in monitoring of drug therapy.
12. Adapt the delivery of pharmacy services for the culturally diverse.
13. Understand the scope of pharmaceutical care delivery systems.
14. Understand the use and side effects of prescription and nonprescription drugs used to treat common disease states.
15. Requisition pharmaceuticals, devices, and supplies according to an established purchasing program.
16. Prepare Intravenous (IV) therapies & TPN's (Total Parenteral Nutrition) for pharmacist verification, maintain inventory record and refrigerator temperature log; deliver to patient care units.
17. Purchase pharmaceuticals, devices, and supplies, in the absence of the Inventory Control Specialist.
18. Clerical functions.
19. Performs duties as detailed in the Inventory Control Specialist job description as needed.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer