The Service Center Supervisor (SCS) manages the service center and acts as a liaison between the laboratory and the local client base. The SCS is in charge of supervising the Service Center facility, supervising service center couriers, samplers and other personnel. The SCS will consistently act in the best interest of TestAmerica and exhibit professional behavior and performance with both internal and external clients.
TestAmerica and the SCS are committed to grow the business through a Client-First culture that will provide exemplary client service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Local area primary client representative for service center location.
- Works with the Quality Assurance Manager and Account Executives (AE) to evaluate and establish project requirements for the service center area.
- Ensures client complaints are handled professionally, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Is in charge of scheduling service center couriers and samplers, preparing bottle orders for delivery, scheduling sample pick ups and shipping samples to the designated laboratory for analysis.
- Works closely with laboratory management in laboratory capacity loading decisions.
- Maintains the facilities at the service center and is responsible for all EH&S policies of TestAmerica at the service center.
- Responsible for all company vehicles that operate out of the service center.
- Provides general sales support to AEs for business development activities started in the field.
- Orders supplies (bottles, coolers, etc.) for the service center
- Maintains knowledge of method requirements, holding times, and bottle requirements in order to assist clients with their project needs.
- Maintains knowledge of all TestAmerica laboratories to assist with placement of projects into the appropriate laboratory to best fit the clients' needs.
- Builds local relationships with clients and regulatory agencies. 13.Visits clients on own or with local sales staff.
- Places work into all TestAmerica labs by deciding what lab is the best fit for the client.
- Functions as local access for clients to all of TestAmerica.
May supervise service center employees both local and virtual, including but not limited to Couriers, Field Samplers, and Sample Control Technicians.
BS/BA in Chemistry/Sciences (Business Management, Marketing, or equivalent experience may substitute for degree)
Minimum 3 years client relationship or customer service experience
- 1-2 years bench level Chemistry experience preferred
- Prefer supervisory experience
- Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions.
- Local certification or client driven certification may be required.
- Method application for frequently requested methods
- Understanding of client markets
- Experience with financial statements and measures
- Environmental methodology and local market requirements.
- TestAmerica's Client-First Service Guidelines for Client-facing Staff
- Strong management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Public speaking skills
- Proven client service skills (See Client-First Service Guidelines for Client-facing Staff)
- Ability to handle multiple details and changing priorities
- Delivering effective presentations to prospective clients
- Ability to manage personnel issues and conflicts
- Identify staff strengths and weaknesses to optimize resources
- Able to work independently and in a team
Material and Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment
- Personal protective equipment when in laboratory areas
Lifting and Carrying:
- Lifting up to 40 pounds, carrying up to 20 pounds
- Sitting (70% of time) at computer and in meetings, standing (15% of time) when performing job duties, walking (15% of time) when moving about laboratory.
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching to retrieve files, books, and supplies.
- Conversational hearing ability
- Viewing computer screen, reading correspondence, observing laboratory
- Conversational speaking ability
Majority of time spent in a typical office environment with frequent visits to laboratory areas. Potential exposure to caustic, corrosive, or carcinogenic samples exists when in laboratory areas.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Additional duties may be included on an attachment.