Senior Immunoassay Scientist
|Post Date:||Jan 12, 2019||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||1/12/2019||Salary:|| |
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Responsible for both in vitro and in vivo studies
- Establishing experimental approaches to address mechanism of action of drug candidates such as cellular uptake and kinetics, localization and recycling of drug product within target cells
- Employee may be expected to work with laboratory animals and perform in vivo experiments on models of human disease.
- Design and carry out experiments primarily related to cellular and molecular immunology
- Interact with support personnel from other departments, as well as with external vendors
- Preparation of scientific reports and participation in team-wide scientific presentations
- Become proficient at operating and maintaining analytical tools of interest (10%)
- Develop and perform assays for measuring cellular activity and endpoints of interest, including flow cytometry, tissue culture of immune cells, immune cell isolation from human and rodent samples (70%)
- Analyze, interpret and summarize data; prepare data for presentation and reports (5%)
- Present data at departmental and cross-functional team meetings as appropriate (10%)
- Perform routine literature searches to stay current in immunology and related fields (5%)
- Recommend specialized equipment (capital and other lab equipment) for cell based assays
- Contribute specific experimental designs and test conditions based on knowledge gained through prior hands-on experience and/or review of relevant technical literature
- Recommend specific experimental reagents and vendors based on familiarity, preference, availability and price
- Knowledge of a diverse range of immunology approaches, including either innate or adaptive experimental systems
- Mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques, including immune cells
- Hands on experience and proficiency with the use of analytical tools and biochemical techniques for measuring biomarkers (e.g. Confocal microscopy, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Western blot, spectrophotometry, fluorimetry, molecular biology, transfections, retroviral based gene transfer and expression, PCR and RT-PCR, protein labeling and modification)
- Ability to implement new technologies within the lab, especially cellular based imaging platforms such as confocal microscopy and multi parameter flow cytometry
- Demonstrated capability for high quality work and keen attention to detail
- Strong flexibility and adaptability skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to function independently
- Proficiency in technical writing and presentation
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration with 5+ years of industrial experience performing analytical methods for detecting and measuring cellular activity of drug
- OR PhD in biological field with immunological experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cambridge, Massachusetts are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services ® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.