Product Integrity Specialist (product safety)
|Post Date:||Jan 01, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||1/1/2018||Salary:|| |
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Basic knowledge of state, federal and international safety regulations
- Understanding of CPSIA and how it impacts Scholastic products
- Basic knowledge of prepress, printing and paper
- High motivation, assertiveness, flexibility and adaptability to change
- Problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Work effectively in a high pressure environment
- Basic negotiation skills
- Demonstrate productivity in a team environment
For Book Fairs:
- Product Safety design hazard risk assessment and label reviews for all new product or revisions to existing product, with manager training and approval to start
- Enter all required product and safety data into Safety Net database
- Track and handle:
- vendor submittal for test request forms
- providing test request forms to vendor
- samples to the lab
- quote approvals
- test report approvals
- issuing Certificates of Compliance to vendor
- checking safety complete in Safety Net
- code and approve lab invoices in Catalyst system
- Collection of all necessary documents to meet guidelines for State, Federal and International safety standards, including but not limited to:
- Test reports
- Letters of assurance for no change in manufacturing process
- Letters of assurance for chemicals of high concern
- LHAMA reports
- Toxicity Risk Assessments
- Certificates of Compliance, children’s products
- General Certificates of Compliance, general consumer goods
- Attend product review meetings with Book Fairs teams as needed
- Work with BF International to help streamline their process and costs
- Work with Fairs, vendors and labs regarding testing requirements, schedules, and corrective actions as needed.
Corporate Product Integrity, may include but not limited to:
- Review Catalogs and kits to ensure that proper warnings are included
- Update Open Order and Expeditor’s reports
- Read and resolve emails in safety mailbox daily
- Assist Manager with QA jobs and tracking
- Take on additional corporate level responsibilities as needed as product integrity group continues to evolve and as workloads may need to be re-aligned.
General, may include but not limited to:
- Ongoing in-house training by manager on use of all Safety systems, forms, tools, Scholastic businesses, various product types and SOPs.
- Complete Safety Module training for basic global regulations
- Proactively engage in self-study of product safety rules and regulations on a global scale, using tools like the internet, webinars, seminars, lab generated newsletters, product safety websites like the CPSC, etc.
- Help prepare quarterly Product Safety Newsletter
- Participate in quarterly Corporate Product Safety Council meetings
- Meet with outside vendors and in-house departments to resolve safety issues and assist with general crisis management where warranted
- Engage in and recommend safety process and system improvements if you see ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs and incorporate new technology
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our partners inside and outside of Scholastic
- Must be flexible and commit to helping the team manage the workload as needed
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.