Apex Life Sciences is seeking enthusiast R&D Scientist to join a growing biotech company!
- Work with a designated team on development of new molecular diagnostic product.
- Perform feasibility, full scale development, verification and validation testing and data analysis.
- Validate and document newly developed process and protocols.
- Responsible for understanding and performing daily testing of reagents for development, improvement, and troubleshooting products or related issues.
- Manage and maintain required reagents (reference samples, assay buffers, and labeling reagents, etc.), laboratory environment and equipment needed to carry out assigned projects.
- Assist in writing all required SOP’s for new products as well as maintenance/updating of current SOP’s for existing products.
- Maintain quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and other relevant data.
- Manage and prioritize daily assignments approved by Supervisor or Research Manager to ensure completion of the assignments.
- Actively participate in meetings and assist other project teams to resolve technical/operational issues and/or provide support.
- Assist in project planning, monitor the progress, prepare and present summary reports
- Under general supervision ensure that laboratory protocols and procedures are properly and safely followed for quality assurance and maintain the quality of all the products involved
- Provide technical and analytical assistance in development of typing reagents for clinical use.
- This position will interact on a daily basis with Research staff, receives direction from supervisor and/or manager in coordinating daily activities
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory and business data. He/she is expected to maintain work schedules as assigned. This position will, on a timely basis, notify immediate supervisor and/or manager of status and completion of assigned work projects/tasks. In addition, he/she will ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all blood and blood byproducts. All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisors of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective actions.
- B.S. in the Biological Sciences is required. Masters preferred; Molecular Biology degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of research experience is required
- Basic course and laboratory work in molecular biology, biochemistry, or immunology
- Knowledge of molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques.
- Clear understanding and experience in running polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and ability to design/test primers for PCR reactions.
- Basic understanding of DNA sequencing.
- General awareness of good laboratory procedures/practices
- Ability to perform laboratory bench work.
- Communicate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Work as a cooperative member of a research team.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, at times as a lead for a project. Daily transition from laboratory to data analysis. Plan and organize oneself in a reliable and consistent manner. Prepare and present reports to management involving data critical to new product development and current process/product improvement. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory information.
- Job requires long periods of sitting at a laboratory bench. This position will operate a computer terminal to enter and analyze laboratory data and e
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.