- BS Engineering (BSEE preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience with automotive electronics systems (hardware and software)
- 2+ years’ experience with EV/PHEV systems
- 2+ years’ experience with ISO 26262 Functional Safety Standard
- Vehicle Engineering experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Comfortable working at a fast pace in a highly dynamic atmosphere
- Position based in Irvine, CA
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance is available.
NO 3rd Party Recruiters. Principals Only, Please
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC, complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties. Overview
Karma Automotive is passionate, responsible and uncompromising.
We make beautiful, ecologically sensitive products, and we will provide a memorable ownership experience for our customers.
Our work environment is casual, and our culture is results-oriented.
The Functional Safety Senior Technical Specialist is responsible for planning and leading functional safety activities in compliance with the ISO 26262 Functional Safety Standard.
- Scope out overall Functional Safety plan within Karma Automotive
- Develop processes and standards within Karma to ensure compliance with the ISO 26262 standard and promote a safety culture
- Support bench/HIL tests and system/vehicle validation of functional safety requirements
- Perform other duties as necessary for completion of functional safety development and achievement of department goals
- Develop and maintain overall plan, milestones and audit schedule; provide oversight towards ISO 26262 compliance
- Development of functional safety technical work products (hazard analysis and risk assessment, item definition, functional safety concept, technical safety requirements, FTAs, FMEAs, and other safety analysis for safety requirements)
- Lead functional safety reviews; develop test case specifications; coordinate engineers working at the system, hardware and software development level at Karma and at suppliers to achieve objectives
- Interface with suppliers, test labs, independent audit providers, ISO 26262 committees, forums, and seminars