Kelly Services is looking for a Food Scientist Product Development Role in Glenview, IL
6 month contract with a possiblity of an extension
1st shift, may require some travel to Canada
Salary expectations 80,000- 90,000 pending on experience
• Responsible for developing new products (Cheese, Coffee, Grocery) for the Canada marketplace.
• Job complexity involves heavy collaboration with marketing, business development, packaging development, manufacturing facility, Nutrition & Regulatory, Quality to ensure that R&D tasks are being completed appropriately.
• Candidate will be required to execute product development from bench to pilot and plant scale. Work includes ingredient selection, formulation development, shelf life testing, specification development, scale up and trials.
• Depending on project, sensory and consumer testing may need to be completed.
• Primary product development lead for benchtop, pilot plant, plant trials, sensory, and consumer validation on respective products
• Working directly with the Consumer Insights teams to develop testing plans
• Attending commercialization meetings to represent the project
• Responsible for delivering against timeline
• Communication with marketing project owners and R&D sector leads
• Quality and HACCP documentation
• Specification execution
• Commercialization processes
• Candidate will be required to execute specification development from raw and packaging materials, product formulations, packaging specs and configurations. Requires knowledge of Agile GSM and NPD
- 6 Plus years experience
- Coffee exp would be a big plus as well as Pilot plant exp and Consumer testing.
- French speaking is not required
- Agile experience is required.
- Assignment has possibility of an extension
- Must be able to travel to Canada -- may be once every other months (3 times during duration of the assignment). Would be traveling to the Montreal or Toronto area
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.