Entry Level Technician
Concrete Laboratory Job Number:
Location: Euclid Chemical Company Group/Division/Department: Admixtures
The Admixtures Products Group is looking for a lab technician to conduct chemical, engineering and physical laboratory tests primarily based on experimental designs to develop new products, improve existing products, evaluate competitive materials and analyzes test data by performing the following duties under the direct supervision of the Technical Manager of Admixtures. The successful candidate should be computer literate, a self-starter, and able to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge includes the following:
• Set up laboratory equipment, clean molds and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control.
• Conducts chemical, physical, and engineering tests on experimental formulas and competitive products.
• Documents results of tests, analyses, and maintains lab books in an acceptable manner. Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
• Prepares experimental products following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
• Tests and analyzes products such as concrete, cementitious repair products, admixtures for concrete, cement and other raw materials to determine their physical, chemical, and engineering properties.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to three months related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
• Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, industry standards and specifications (e.g. ACI & ASTM) operating, maintenance, and procedure manuals.
• Write routine reports and correspondence.
• Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, effective team player, self motivated, quick learner
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
• Ability to routinely lift 50+ pounds
• Access to reliable means of transportation
• Flexible schedule due to varying workload/hours
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.