Apex Life Sciences is currently recruiting for a Microbiology QC Technician in the Buffalo, NY area. The QC Technician works closely with other departments, such as validations, chemistry, Operations, Product Development, Quality Systems and Product Release to assure the support of the Microbiology department on various projects, studies and routine tasks.
This individual holding the position of QC Technician shall be responsible for performing routine testing of in-process and finished product samples, raw material, stability, and utilities. They shall be responsible for monitoring the environmental conditions in the laboratory and in manufacturing areas. They shall support validation projects. This position must be available to work overtime as assigned.
• Performs routine raw material and finished product testing for endotoxin and bioburden as directed.
• Tests finished products for sterility. Performs validations for sterility testing (Bacteriostasis and Fungistasis) as directed.
• Performs environmental monitoring of production and laboratory areas.
• Tests in-coming components for endotoxin and bioburden.
• Performs utility sampling (includes water) and testing for bioburden and endotoxin.
• Reads results of all above testing. Prepares summaries of results for trend analysis.
• Maintains accurate records of all testing.
• Promptly reports discrepancies and out of limits conditions to supervision.
• Assists with equipment validations, protocols, and special projects. Carries out validations, protocols and special projects independently.
• Must be trained and qualified in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e. respirators.
• BS Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or natural sciences.
• OR Requires an Associate’s Degree with one to two years of experience.
• Computer skills desirable.
If interested, please apply online at: www.apexlifesciences.com and send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.