Assists in and performs the following therapeutic and diagnostic regimes: medical gases and environmental control systems, application and monitoring of mechanical ventilator support, artificial airway care, bronchopulmonary hygiene, pharmacological agents related to respiratory care procedures, manual resuscitation and airway management, pulmonary rehabilitation, performs test and studies of the cardiopulmonary system obtains physiological specimens and interprets physiological data.
- Education: Associate Degree: Respiratory Therapy
- Experience Required: 1-3 years
- Licensure to be eligible to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) in the State of Wisconsin.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care or eligible to sit for the registry exam.
- Graduate from an accredited school of respiratory care.
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.